February 10, 2015
Do you need a dental checkup? If you can’t remember the last time you saw a dentist, if you have pain and sensitivity in your teeth, or if you’ve noticed bleeding after you brush or eat crunchy foods, it’s definitely time to schedule a dental checkup. Routine dental checkups are important for every member of your family. They can stop small dental problems from becoming dangerous medical conditions. Make an appointment with Dr. Vacek for the dental checkup you need to stay healthy today. Vacek Family Dentistry is the leading family dentistry of Lincoln, NE. Dr. Vacek is trusted by families throughout Lincoln, Waverly, Hickman, Firth, Crete, and the surrounding Seward communities.
Lincoln Dental Checkups Step By Step
- Step 1: First, Dr. Vacek will conduct an oral exam of your gums and teeth, and discuss your current health concerns.
- Step 2: Next, he will check for any abnormalities or signs of oral cancer or dental disease. Dr. Vacek will diagnose any oral health problems.
- Step 3: If you are a new patient, you will also need to take the appropriate x-rays.
- Step 4: Then, you will undergo a thorough dental cleaning. Only a professional dental cleaning can fully decontaminate your mouth and remove the hardened plaque deposits that cause dental decay and gum disease. For your cleaning, Dr. Vacek, or one of his a qualified dental hygienists, will use a series of small dental instruments and scalers for deep cleaning above and below your gum line.
- Step 5: After your teeth and gums are cleaned, Dr. Vacek will polish them using a mild abrasive and dental fluoride.
- Step 6: At this point, Dr. Vacek will offer home oral care instruction based on the results of your dental exam.
- Step 7: If any pressing oral health concerns are have been discovered during the course of your exam, Dr. Vacek will advise you on possible next steps. This might include additional diagnostic tests or restorative dental procedures.
Why Are Dental Checkups So Important?
- Dental checkups can find and stop dental problems (tooth decay or gum disease) before they become painful or damaging to your health.
- Dental checkups will help you keep your natural teeth for as long as possible.
- Dental checkups can often alert you to other health problems.
Whether your teeth feel just fine, or you are experiencing major dental discomfort; you need a dental checkup every six months to protect your overall health. Make your dental checkup appointment with Dr. Vacek today. Vacek Family Dentistry is the premier family dentistry of Lincoln, NE. Dr. Vacek delivers quality dental care daily throughout Lincoln, Waverly, Hickman, Firth, Crete, and nearby Seward communities.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.